If you are sending details for pre made covers I require:
GDPR Compliancy notice:
I only retain the information that you supply for the general purposes of communicating with you and delivering your job. Victor Habbick Visions does not store or share any of your information with anyone at anytime.
- The small print:
- Any artwork supplied by me will be delivered as either a .jpg .tiff or .pdf file. Other formats and Photoshop layered files are only supplied on special request and may incur additional charges due to licensing of fonts, photos or stock that may have been used in the production.
- Once the artwork has been approved and payment made files will be emailed to delivery address previously arranged. Larger files may require being download from Dropbox or similar service.
- Artwork and any documents associated with the commission will only be kept on file for approximately 30 days after approval, unless by prior arrangement. Thereafter it will be destroyed*
- Any corrections or amendments after the artwork has been approved, if still available, will incur an additional charge, payable in advance.
- The artwork supplied is only for the original use as specified except by prior arrangement. This means you cannot change, adapt or disassemble to create alternative artworks i.e. Book cover artwork cannot then be adapted for Audiobook art by yourself or anyone else. If you require additional artwork for other items this must be agreed in advance, failure to do so would be an infringement of my copyright. The joy of Google and specialist software it's relatively easy to track infringements, so please, just don't.
- I maintain the right to offer discounts, refunds or in extreme cases to refuse to continue a job if I feel both parties have unfortunately reached the end of reasonable communication.
- All artwork remains the copyright of Victor Habbick Visions and cannot be transferred or passed off as your own work. A credit is required. i.e. cover artwork © www.victorhabbick.com
- Payment will be required via my Paypal account unless by prior arrangement. Depending on complexity of the commission a deposit or full payment may be required. Full payment is required before delivery of artwork.
- While the majority of artworks are original designs or utilise my own existing stock (which on occasions may be available on other stock sites) Like most artists, I may make use of quality stock, licensed for commercial use from various sources. This is done in good faith that any images used have been cleared and appropriate releases obtained by the said companies or individuals. I do not take any responsibility or liability whosoever if I find an image has been used or supplied or sourced in error. Infringements should be taken up with the appropriate stock agency. If I am satisfied the image has been used in error it will be removed without further delay. Any further actions are at my own discretion.
- * Due to the increasingly high cost of cloud services and external backups I no longer offer free back ups. If you require me to keep file a small fee will be charged.
- I have the right to amend, change, alter and otherwise remove any images at anytime for any reason, usually to keep things fresh and relevant in an even changing market place.
- All covers are supplied with the text imbedded into the artwork. This means you cannot change it. If you require the artwork without any text on it please contact me too find if it is available. If it is the fee will be considerable higher as the artwork is left open to uses other than that specified and at times harder to maintain proper copyright control.
- No, you cannot change any of the pre made cover artwork other than cropping it if required. You cannot pass the artwork off as your own or adapted it to fit any other items of merchandise that I have failed to think of but which you may have in mind. You cannot sell it as a template.
- All content and artwork on my site is constantly scanned on the web by professional agencies for copyright infringement.
- Before you start your book I would suggest you check out your publishers own web site for information regarding what specifications they require as there are so many different sizes out there which are constantly updated or changed without notice, which can be frustrating to say the least. This is the main reason I supply my artwork bigger than most so as to accommodate these differences in size. The last thing you should even do is have to increase your cover art as this will often result in blurry image quality and will likely me rejected by the publishers.
- I try to turn around book cover artwork and orders as quick as possible without undermining quality. Delivery dates will be advised at time of order.
- Covers are licensed for editions no larger than 250, 000 copies. Ebook and print combined.
- I do not offer any advice on what publisher is better than another they all have there merits and its down to you what your want from a publisher.
- Whither you use my cover services or another just please use a good professional service. A "do it yourself" cover will likely loose you more sales than you gain as is false economy. Why would you want to spend months or years writing your book to throw it all away at the last minute on a cheap looking amateur cover. The old well wore saying that your book is only as good as your cover is as valid as ever especially when it comes to ebook covers which are usually displayed no more than a few centimetres in size at times. That is why ebook cover design and typography is even more important that printed books as you simply don't have the luxury of space on a bookshelf to catch the buyers attention.
- If you have read this far congratulations and thank you.