If you are enquiring about the licensing of a particular image you have come across please attach a screenshot and advice where you found it. With thousands of images out there on various platforms under a multitude of different reference numbers titles that I have no control over it helps me track the image you have requested.
GDPR Compliancy notice:
I only retain the information that you supply for the general purposes of communicating with you and delivering your job. Victor Habbick Visions does not store or share any of your information with anyone at anytime.
Please read my conditions first and then if you have any questions that I have failed to cover please feel free to email me and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Terms and Conditions:
- Any artwork supplied by me will be delivered as either a .jpg .tiff or .pdf file. Other formats and Photoshop layered files are only supplied on special request and may incur additional charges due to licensing of fonts, photos or stock that may have been used in the production.
- Approved artwork files will be emailed to delivery address previously arranged. Larger files may require being downloaded from Dropbox or similar service which will be advised.
- Artwork and any documents associated with the commission will only be kept on file for a few days after approval, unless by prior arrangement. Thereafter it will be destroyed.
- Any corrections or amendments after the artwork has been approved, if still available, will incur an additional charge, payable in advance.
- The artwork supplied is only for the original use as specified except by prior arrangement. This means you cannot change, adapt or disassemble to create alternative artworks i.e. Book cover artwork cannot then be adapted for Audiobook art by yourself or anyone else. If you require additional artwork for other items this must be agreed in advance, failure to do so would be an infringement of my copyright. I use a professional agency to track and infringements, and they will take legal action on my behalf if necessary so please, just don't.
- There are no refunds once and image has been purchased/ supplied in good faith. In extreme cases I may refuse to continue a job if I feel both parties have unfortunately reached the end of reasonable communication.
- All artwork/photography remains the copyright of Victor Habbick Visions and cannot be transferred or passed off as your own work.
- A credit is required. i.e. cover artwork © www.victorhabbick.com
- Payment will be required via my Paypal account unless by prior arrangement.
- While the majority of artworks are original designs and utilise my own existing commercial stock, *like most artists I may make use of other stock images from time to time if I cannot source from my own library and or a client requests particular images from commercial stock sources. This is done in good faith that any images used have been cleared and appropriate releases obtained by the said companies or individuals. I do not take any responsibility or liability whosoever if I find an image has been used or supplied or sourced in error. Infringements should be taken up with the appropriate stock agency. If I am satisfied the image has been used in error it will be removed without further delay. Any further actions are at my own discretion.
- Due to the increasingly high cost of cloud services and external backups I no longer offer free back ups. If you require me to keep file a small fee will be charged.
- I have the right to amend, change, alter and otherwise remove any images at anytime for any reason..
- All covers that are requested with typography in place are supplied with the text imbedded into the artwork. This means you cannot change it.
- You cannot change any of the pre made cover artwork other than cropping if required. You cannot pass the artwork off as your own, adapted it or use it in any fashion whatsoever other than a cover for your book or item that is was originally purchased for.
- All content and artwork on my site is constantly scanned on the web by a professional agency for copyright infringement.
- Before you start your book I would suggest you check out your publishers own web site for information regarding what specifications they require as there are so many different sizes out there which are constantly updated or changed without notice, which can be frustrating to say the least. This is the main reason I supply my artwork bigger than most so as to accommodate these differences in size. The last thing you should ever do is have to increase your cover art as this will often result in blurry image quality and will likely be rejected by the publishers.
- I try to turn around al artwork /book cover artwork orders as quickly as possible without undermining quality. Delivery dates will be advised at time of order.
- Covers are licensed for editions no larger than 250,000 copies. Ebook and print combined.
- I do not offer any advice on what publisher is better than another they all have there merits and its down to you what your want from a publisher.
- Whether you use my cover services or another please use a good professional service. A "do it yourself" cover is often false economy. Why would you want to spend months or years writing your book to throw it all away at the last minute on a cheap looking amateur cover. The old well worn saying that a book is only as good as its cover is as valid now as ever, especially when it comes to ebook covers which are usually at times displayed no more than a few centimetres in size. That is why ebook cover design and typography is even more important that printed books as you simply don't have the luxury of space on a bookshelf to catch the buyers attention. Your cover is not a piece of fine art, it's a advertisement first and foremost.
- If you have read this far congratulations and thank you.
- I have the permission to update and amend these conditions at any time without notice.